The surgery offers appointments ranging from 08:00 - 17:30 (we also offer later routine appointments on a Monday - please contact surgery for further details). In order to help, we operate the following categories of consultation.
- Online Appointments - You can book routine GP appointments online up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Routine Appointments - for problems that can wait until the next available appointment with the doctor of your choice.
Telephone Consultations (five minutes) are available for telephone advice with a GP. These appointments are for problems that a GP can deal with over the phone only.
48 hour Appointments - for conditions that, in your opinion, cannot wait more than 48 hours to be seen by a doctor. The appointment offered will not necessarily be with the doctor of your choice.
- Emergency (same day) Appointments - for conditions that need to be attended by a doctor the same day the duty Doctor will discuss symptoms in a telephone triage and offer an appointment as necessary. These appointments will not necessarily be with your doctor of choice. Please telephone as early in the morning as possible to book.
In addition to the above the practice offers minor illness appointments with Sister Burns for patients over the age of 16 who are not pregnant.
In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with a practice nurse rather than a doctor. Practice nurses are qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.
- Minor Illness - this includes coughs/colds, diarrhoea, ear/nose/throat infections, eye infections/stys and other minor ailments.
- Nurse telephone triage (same day) - if you have symptoms of a urine infection the nurse will discuss your symptoms in a telephone consultation.
Chaperones and Interpreters
If you require an intimate physical examination and would like a chaperone, please state this at the time of booking your appointment. We also have access to an interpreter service; again please state at the time of booking if required.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible (minimum 60 minutes) in order for us to give the slot to someone else.