The surgery offers appointments ranging from 08:00 - 17:30 (we also offer late night routine appointments on a Monday night - please contact surgery for further details). In order to help, we operate the following categories of consultation.
- Routine Appointments - You can book routine GP appointments up to 4 weeks in advance (these can also be booked online through Patient Access) These are for problems that can wait until the next available appointment with the GP.
- Telephone Consultations (5 minutes) - are available routinely for telephone advice with the GP. These appointment are for problems the GP can deal with over the phone.
Urgent Appointments - for conditions that, in your opinion, cannot wait more than 48 hours to be seen by a doctor. The appointment offered will not necessarily be with the doctor of your choice. Our phone lines switch on at 8am, please phone as early in the morning as possible to book.
- Emergency (same day) Appointments - for conditions that need to be seen by a doctor the same day. The duty doctor for that day will call you to discuss symptoms in a telephone triage and offer an appointment if necessary. These appointments can only be booked by the duty doctor. These appointments will not necessarily be with your doctor of choice. Our phone lines switch on at 8am, please phone as early in the morning as possible to book.
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) - are available on an urgent and routine basis. For coughs/colds, chest infections, sinus infections, diarrhoea, constipation, ear/nose/throat infections, cold sores, athletes foot, eye infections/stys, hayfever, headaches, indigestion, impetigo, shingles, muscle pain, UTI (not suitable for pharmacy), vaginal discharge, wound infections and other minor ailments. (Pregnant women and children under 5 years old cannot be seen by the ANP)
- Nurse telephone triage (same day) - if you have symptoms of a urine infection (UTI )the nurse will discuss your symptoms in a telephone consultation.
Chaperones and Interpreters
If you require an intimate physical examination and would like a chaperone, please state this at the time of booking your appointment. We also have access to an interpreter service; again please state at the time of booking if required.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else. (Our cancellation line is open 24/7 so this allows you to leave a message to cancel an appointment at any time).